Click on photo to see more!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 teaspoons raw sugar
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with brown paper [ compostable] or aluminum foil [recyclable].
Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until fluffy. Add the sugar a spoonful at a time until fully beaten into the fluff. Use an electric mixer or get a workout with a large wire whisk – your choice!
Spoon out about 24 “fries”, about 2 inches/5cm long 1/2 inch wide, on the lined cookie sheets, with a little space between each.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and let them sit in the oven with the door open for another few hours to really dry them out if you want crunchy ones. Overnight works great.
The Chocolate Gravy
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 square unsweetened baking chocolate [ half of a double square] chopped into smaller bits
- 3 egg yolks, beaten well, in a metal or glass bowl
Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan and add the milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to a gravy consistency. Add the chocolate pieces, stirring until melted and blended.
Pour the hot milk mixture into the bowl holding the beaten eggs and mix as you pour. This keeps the sauce a smooth texture as opposed to letting it get clumpy. Pour it all back into the saucepan and put it back on the heat to continue cooking – keep stirring – until it reaches an almost pudding thickness.
Keep warm as you prepare to assemble the dessert…
White chocolate Cheese Curds
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips/chunky bits, divided.
- Divide the “fries” between two plates/bowls.
- Sprinkle each with the white chocolate bits/chips, letting them sit on top of the fries.
- Gently spoon the hot “gravy” over the chips and fries, and let sit for a minute or two for the hite choclate to melt.
- Serve immediately!
327 Calories per serving – serves 2!