Hubby’s Birthday fell on a weekend this year so we took one day for us and one day with friends. Here’s the card I created for him:
And here’s the Black Forest Dump Cake:
And here’s the cake on a plate with the freshly whipped cream:
There were a few small variations I chose to do to Rachel’s recipe – go directly to her site for the fudge sauce recipe and replace the regular sugar with brown sugar.:
BLACK FOREST DUMP CAKE
yield: 12 SERVINGS 20 if you are frugal
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 1 HOUR
total time: 1 HOUR, 10 MINUTES
This black forest dump cake recipe is full of cherries and chocolate — just like it should be. But it is unbelievably easy to make.
- two 21 ounce cans of cherry pie filling < I instead used 1 can plus 1 bag of defrosted frozen cherries – worked great! >
- one 16.5 ounce box Devil’s Food Cake Mix, unprepared
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 and 1/2 sticks), melted < I instead sliced it thinly and placed it evenly across the top of the dry cake mix>
- one 12.8 ounce jar of prepared hot fudge, warmed slightly according to directions on jar < I followed her recipe and make it from scratch – super easy! >
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread both cans of cherry pie filling evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 cake pan.
- Top the cherry pie filling with the Devil’s Food Cake Mix (unprepared). Smooth it out slightly to make sure it is even.
- Drizzle melted butter on top of cake mix. Pour hot fudge over as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 1 hour and serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped cream.